The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a value-driven company with a passion for life at home and where our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Who are we? We are IKEA - Purchasing and Logistic Areas (PLA) and the home for all Supply Business units. We have seven different Purchasing and Logistic Areas in which consists of more than twenty different sites. We have around 2600 co-workers and our responsibility is to lead with IKEA Culture & Values, secure compliance and empower an entrepreneurial spirit among all IKEA business functions.
You will belong to PLACE in Warsaw office.Job description
At IKEA we want to have a positive impact on people, society, and the planet. As a Sustainability specialist you will be the regional expert in specific sustainability areas, where you will lead and contribute to both regional and global projects, to move the sustainability agenda forward. It is your responsibility to understand the local preconditions in different markets and execute the sustainability agenda of IKEA. You will be supporting the business by in implementing and verifying sustainability related requirements. As a sustainability specialist you will work in close cooperation with our stakeholders, where you will have the responsibility to ensure that the sustainability agenda is an integrated part of our stakeholders’ development. It is your obligation to secure onboarding, training, and support both suppliers and business units in sustainability related topics, as well as IWAY and associated agenda.
As a Sustainability Specialist you will also:
- Contribute to creating action plan related to sustainability development of IKEA suppliers
- Responsible to plan and perform verification activities, secure timely and accurate verification information in the planning and reporting tools
- Together with business teams participate in opening new IKEA suppliers and perform sustainability risk assessments
- Contribute to both short- and long-term sustainability compliance, according to action plans, and prepare and implement relevant activities
IWAY - "the IKEA Way on Purchasing Home Furnishing Products" - is our code of conduct which, together with our sustainability strategy "People and Planet Positive 2030", forms the guiding star in our daily sustainability work.
As a Sustainability specialist you will contribute to a more sustainable life and better IKEA products for the many people. This by supporting various stakeholders and secure that IKEA products meets the highest possible standards in the area of environment and sustainability, which also includes working and social conditions. Therefore, we see that you have the curiosity and are eager to actively search for new information and find new ways on how to improve our ways of working with sustainability at IKEA. You will work in close cooperation with various stakeholders across IKEA and we see that you are keen to inspire, both business teams and suppliers, to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance. As a person you never compromise when it comes to compliance and you always have sustainability, and the end customer, in mind when taking decisions.
- We see that you have a university degree in sustainability, engineering, or another relevant educational background
- You find it easy to connect with others and are strong in stakeholder management
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- You are experienced in project management and have the ability to lead projects with both a holistic and analytical viewpoint
- Fluency in English,both written and spoken
We are looking forward to your application! Please submit both your CV and motivational letter in English by 2nd April. We are reviewing applications as they come through so don’t wait to apply!