Wood Supply & Forestry Specialist assignment is to support and secure the purchasing teams to have relevant knowledge to drive forestry and wood supply agenda, supporting suppliers to improve the forestry and wood supply performance, develop & manage projects.
The role requires deep knowledge of forest management, timber trade, wood processing and practical applications of voluntary forest certification systems. The Wood Supply & Forestry Specialist is accountable for conducting verification of suppliers’ wood procurement practices against IKEA Forestry Standard requirements, developing projects up on requests from business teams and categories. The work requires travel mobility combined with analytical work in the office. The position can be located in Shanghai, Shenzhen or Qingdao.
Your task will include:
· Conduct regular Forestry and wood supply chain audits
· Conduct risk assessment and wood origin verification
· Provide trainings to business teams and suppliers
· Collect and process information on forest resources, wood trade, prices, policy etc
· Evaluate forest resources and business potentials at new suppliers
· Participate in and lead forestry and wood supply projects
· Participate in projects with external partners
Is this the right challenge for you?
· Ability to organize and work independent;
· Good communicator, both verbal and written English, assertive;
· Honest with high integrity;
· Analytical, methodical, well structured;
· Ability to make, present and argue judgements;
· Ability to coach/hold trainings;
· Good time management, respect deadlines;
· Travel ability
If you have any questions about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Virginia Zhao email@example.com.
The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application before end of w45. Welcome with your application!