Stellenangebote > Health & Safety Group Leader - Omani National | IKEA | Oman
Job Requisition ID: 148603
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
You will support the Operations Manager and Management Team in ensuring a safe and secure environment and in protecting our assets and the IKEA brand. To maintain an overall risk aware and control culture.
Ensure the Operations Manager and Management team advised with the specialist knowledge to fulfil their duties in line with the OSHAD Act, Group Risk Manual and IKEA H&S policies. Proactively drive the culture of 'safety first' and influence the organization to view safety as a key part of standard operating procedures. Ensure that all safety legislations adhered to and policies and practices adopted and help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
•Live and share the IKEA values every day
•Graduation in Occupational Health & Safety or NEBOSH with OSHAD
• Management experience
• Safety and security competence
• String interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
• Strong and proven leadership track record
• Proven change driving experience
• Ability to assess risk in potentially hazardous situations and act appropriately
• Attention to detail
• Flexible approach to work and able to operate outside of normal working hours
• Maintain operational excellence
• Influencing a large organization to improve standards
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Presentation skills
• Conflict management skills
• Developing people
• Ability to inspire and clarify
Secure excellence in risk handling by:
• Drive the Safety and Security agenda by using the Operational Risk Management Process (root cause analysis, influencing factors, decision making process
• Initiate and perform risk assessments on Safety and Security matters
• Ensure a proactive approach to Safety and Security Risk Management where risks are considered at an early stage and handled as an integrated part of the business
• Accountable for the internal and external securing of the unit
• To coach, develop and educate all co-workers and external partners to ensure they comply with the OSHAD Act, Group Risk Manual and the IKEA H&S policy.
• Responsible for planning the Emergency Response Group in order to minimize the effect of 'major incidents' on the business
• Accountable for investigating internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines as necessary
• Develop and communicate an annual action plan. To monitor and evaluate the success of this plan in order to influence future plans
• To effectively utilize all available risk tools including SEC check, CCTV and Incident Reporting System and other internal and external data to analyze the results of all risks to the business.
• To work with the appropriate managers to reduce the potential of future occurrences and escalate issues where appropriate
• Contribute to IKEA development by supporting national expansion projects. To build key relationships with external bodies in order to champion IKEA within the local community
• Effectively manage and inspire your team, with particular reference to their selection, training and development in order to ensure you have a competent and well informed team who can meet our customer needs and expectations and have in place a workable and realistic succession plan
• Manage costs under the risk team and work with the Leadership Team to maximize efficiency of spend without impacting on levels of service to the customer of Safety standards
• Ensure the First Aid facility always fully ready to support incase of need by keeping accurate inventory and regular follow-up to ensure there is enough first aiders are available throughout Operation.
• Review and monitor daily and monthly KPIs and analyse reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (i.e. Manpower productivity, Lost time injury, etc.) Working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals
• Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working
• Assisting to Operation team to procure cost effective proposals.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
• Conduct assessments of co-workers HSE competence and act accordingly based on the results.
• Manpower planning. Prepare plans, set productivities and supervise the operations team to ensure highest levels of work efficiency within the budgeted productivities, motivation and control all the budgeted cost.
• Scheduling for the operations department. Create and submit a schedule for the maintenance department based on the coverage needed for peak and non peak sales day. Plan annual leave for the department based on the commercial calendar.
• Conduct Performance development reviews and develop/create action plans based on the outcomes for the HSM team
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.