Stellenangebote > London Area Marketing Manager
At IKEA, it's so much more than a job!
We have bold plans to transform the city, getting closer to where our customers live, work and socialise. We believe an effective marketing and communication approach forms the foundation of extraordinary visitation and business growth... would you like to be part of the London transformation?
At IKEA, we are united by our purpose – ‘to create a better everyday life for the many people’. We are inspired by our vision, driven by our values and passionate about life at home. We love helping people with big dreams and small means and we’re curious about the world around us.
In our team, we take pride in giving down-to-earth people opportunities to grow and develop. We encourage people to experiment, test, try - and sometimes fail. As long as they learn along the way! We know that retail is changing more rapidly than ever before, we are motivated by leading and learning in the unknown.
The story of IKEA is one of constant change and the story of IKEA London is one of transformation. There’s never before been a more exciting time to join the team.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Leader to build, develop and deliver a marketing strategy to lead and deliver a true transformation! Your direction, leadership and networking will be a key contributor to delivering extraordinary business growth.
You will use your leadership skills engage and influence stakeholders both internally and externally, connected to our Head Office and our London stores. You will inspire your peers in a fast-moving and innovative environment. You are authentic and self-confident in your approach. You can communicate clearly and build trusted relationships at all levels while navigating your team through change.
The role of the Local Marketing Manager is:
• To have in-depth knowledge of people’s life at home and the local market conditions
• To increase the visitation and re-visitation of customer from households within target catchment area.
• To have a loyal base of IKEA Family members and store events that drive performance.
• Experience of working in a strategic communications, media and marketing management role
• Experience in creating and implementing fact-based strategic plans, setting budgets, and following up on goal-based local marketing information
• Proven ability to work in creative advertising and communication processes internally and via external agencies
• Experience in retail marketing management & customer loyalty clubs
• Experience in the effective and efficient use and measurement of all media (paid, owned, and earned)
• Strong leadership experience with a down to earth approach and can demonstrate/ impact positive team development
• Holds a natural ability to influence management teams in matrix organizations
• Excellent stakeholder management experience collaborating with multi-function and departments
• Outstanding communicator skills to tailor messages to engage audiences from non-marketing backgrounds as well as contribute to the marketing discussion and audiences.
• Innovative thinker to support IKEA being a forward-thinking brand that is in touch with the consumer today.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Create the marketing communication strategy and the annual communication plan based on the country and market area marketing plan, commercial priorities, market/ consumer insights. With the close co-operation with the market commercial teams in order to reach the marketing objectives.
• Working with the store steering groups to secure a strategy to recruit, activate and retain IKEA Family and IKEA Business members, through an intimate understanding of the market and members (i.e. brand capital, membership profile, purchase behavior, relevant KPIs) In order to ensure members visit IKEA more frequently and buy more.
• In partnership with the market manager’s and the central marketing team, deliver a visitation and re-visitation plan to increase visitation, penetration of households, and expand our home furnishing market share.
• Working with the market steering group to ensure that we communicate our total offer in all local media (online and offline) to generate traffic to the stores, by identifying common growth, positioning, and segmentation strategies and by securing the local marketing needs of the individual stores.
• Secure our communication that reflects our brand values, tone, and copy and adhere to IKEA concept guidelines.
• Building relationships with community partners and communicate our sustainability actions
• Be in control of the marketing budget, measuring all marketing metric, identifying cost efficiencies, monitoring and following up with all marketing investments.
• Demonstrate leadership by example in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside the IKEA operations
This role is full-time and permanent, working 39 hours per week over 5 days. Regular travel around London is essential.
In order to let us get to know you in the best way, we ask that you please include an up-to-date CV/work history with your application.
Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview with the hiring team.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org