Stellenangebote > Sustainability Leader
Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing and food products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) is a global organisation in IKEA Supply. With our 800 amazing and passionate colleagues sitting in 19 locations around the world we make sure that our customers can buy the IKEA products they desire and love. Together with our partners, we develop and deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions that are simple, affordable, and sustainable.
Sustainability as a function leads the sustainability strategy and direction for Supply Chain Operations and drives & develops the sustainability agenda.
About the job
We are now looking for a Sustainability Leader to develop, drive and support the sustainability agenda in the respective geographical perspectives in close collaboration with the business. We have a strong focus on the climate and social agendas. You identify opportunities and enable internal and external collaborations and partnerships to drive the sustainability agenda in line with business priorities and the People & Planet Positive strategy. You will report to the Sustainability Manager in Supply Chain Operations and will be a member of the SCO Sustainability team to define a clear direction and contribute to the strategic development of the Sustainability agenda.
Your main assignments as Sustainability Leader are to:
- Inspire, develop, support and challenge the business teams to ensure effective implementation and fulfilment of the Sustainability agenda in Supply Chain Operations
- Identify and monitor sustainability trends, policy developments and business opportunities in the geographical dimension
- Lead the Sustainability Developers matrix in the geographical dimension ensuring aligned and efficient ways of working to reach the sustainability goals
- Engage in extensive internal and external networking to drive the Sustainability agenda of Supply Chain Operations. Act as a bridge builder to enable new collaborations and partnerships in close collaboration with the business
- Identify and contribute to mitigate sustainability risks in the geographical dimension
- Proactively support and advice business teams on sustainability related topics
- Share and develop sustainability competence throughout the business by inspiring and empowering co-workers
You are passionate about working with sustainability and have proven experience in successfully leading sustainability initiatives in big organisations. You are able to build trust and partnerships to reach common goals. With your solid competence in sustainability and your business mindset you are able to find improvement opportunities and make them happen.
We want you, because:
- the IKEA culture & values inspire you every day anew
- you enjoy working in an international environment in a diverse organisation and are driven by developing the business through the sustainability agenda
- you have a relevant academic background and a proven track record of more than 6 years working experience in the field of sustainability
- you are experienced in driving sustainability and finding solutions in large organisations
- you are a strong and inspiring communicator and you build trustful relationships
- you have an excellent project management competence and good knowledge of supply chain cost drivers and how to influence them
- you are fluent in English, both written and spoken
You will be expected to travel approximately 20% of your time.
IKEA is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our operations include developing and supplying the global IKEA product range, including a range of IKEA food offers.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us