You see things a little differently. So do we. Leadership at IKEA is simple, clear and humble. We’re not fans of bureaucracy and complicated hierarchy. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us.
Inter IKEA Group brings together three core businesses: Franchise, Range and Supply. Together we work constantly to improve the IKEA home furnishing offer and make it more accessible for the many people.
We are now establishing a new IKEA Shared Data & Technology organization as part of developing our digital capabilities. This organization will be built up together with existing co-workers, recruitments and establishing and developing partnerships over the coming years. It is now an opportunity to join us and be part of and leading this development journey. Our data & technology capabilities that are common across Inter IKEA group will be kept together and organized in the IKEA Shared data & technology organization. The organization will be based mainly in southern part of Sweden and in Delft, Netherlands.
Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
At IKEA we have a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities.
We are looking for several passionate engineers who are excited about technology and innovative ways of working and want to be a part of shaping the future of IKEA!
The area consists of several smaller teams (2-4 people), where each is responsible for one technical integration technology, or for shared infrastructure used by the other teams:
· The Event hub team is responsible for Confluent Kafka, with multiple clusters on-prem as well as in the cloud
· The API services team is responsible for a workbench and runtime used by many integration teams to develop microservices. The API services are developed in Java, and deployed as containers in kubernetes
· The API gateway team is responsible for API gateways from several vendors (Oracle, Kong, Apigee)
· The MFT team is responsible for a managed file transfer solution from GoAnywhere
· The CI/CD team is responsible for the development pipeline managing integration components as well as integration infrastructure as code
· The Security & Topology team is responsible for shared infrastructure, on-prem and in the cloud, supporting the integration technologies.
You will be a member of one of the teams where you together develop, maintain, and to some extent operate, the technology platform. The team is also responsible for supporting a community of integration developers with knowledge bases, workbench documentation, and more hands-on support through reviews, design support etc.
To be successful in this role as IKEA coworker you need to:
· Share the IKEA Values. The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com
· Have a university education in computer science or equivalent training and experience
· Have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge, skills, champion new methods, technology and processes to improve performance
. We also want you to have experience in several of the areas below:
· Proficiency with the technologies used by at least one of the smaller teams: Event Hub, API services, API gateway, MFT, CI/CD, or Security & Topology
· Experience in working in a hybrid setup with deployments on-prem as well as in cloud
· Experience in working with Microsoft Azure
· Experience with using automation to manage technology platforms
· Understanding of what it means to work with technology platforms in a global context with requirements on 24/7 operation
· Experience in working hands on with integration of IT solutions
· Experience in working with Linux operating system(s)
· Experience and deep interest in technical infrastructure and how the different technical layers relate to each other
This is a fulll time role (40 hours per week) based in Delft, Netherlands or Malmö Sweden in reporting to the Team Manager- Technology Team IPIMIOS.
We want to understand the why! Please send your application with a CV and motivation letter in English and tell us why you would be a good fit. Applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into consideration.
The closing date to apply for this role is the 9th June 22.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home. Maybe you can help us.
Creating long term success for IKEA, together (Business Transformation) We want to become an even more affordable, sustainable and accessible home furnishing retailer in an omni-channel reality. We bring business and data & technology together to improve how we work and meet customers, and enable us to focus on creating value. So we can continuously improve and scale IKEA, together with our partners and the many people.
IKEA Shared Data & Technology builds up, delivers, serves and supports shared data and technology for the IKEA value chain. Together we build a digital foundation to enable our core business partners and franchisees to work more efficiently and create a rewarding customer experience in an omnichannel world.
At IKEA we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace and with flexibility to work from home when relevant.
Another thing fuelling our success is our values-based culture. While we are unique individuals with endless differences, something we share is our commitment to lead by example, work together, find better ways and to get things done. We believe in life-long learning, where we all play a part in helping each other (and our business) grow.