Stellenangebote > Exploration & Service Design Manager | IKEA Retail Experience | Core Business Franchise
You see things a little differently. So do we!
We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by processes, methods, tools and services, and we also develop the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
About the role
The Innovation & Development team has the assignment to continuously develop the IKEA experience to be forward-thinking with the aim to exceed customers and co-workers’ expectations regardless of in which meeting point customers engage with IKEA. We will continue to create IKEA-unique ways to engage our customers. It is an exciting time as IKEA is transforming!
In close cooperation with the business owners in Core Business Franchise and in cooperation with partners across the IKEA value chain, we provide development, design, innovation, processes and portfolio resources.
Within this team, we are now looking for an Exploration & Service Design Manager.
In this role your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and manage the Exploration and Service design assignment to secure successful result for our explorations and innovation initiatives;
- Lead, coach and recruit a high-performing Exploration & & Design team (e.g Exploration Leaders, Service Design Leaders etc). Secure development and competence, capabilities and motivation;
- Secure collaboration and align with key stakeholders across Core Business and other franchisees with respect to Meeting the customer, keeping an overview of the total MTC Exploration & Design portfolio;
- Set and manage the strategic approach and plan for Exploration & Design assignment;
- Establish, participate and contribute to relevant networks and forums related to exploration and design across IKEA including Franchisees to share best practices and continuously upgrade capabilities across the value chain;
- Secure best in class processes, methodology and governance related to exploration and design are updated, shared and applied throughout all initiatives;
- Create and manage exploration and design budget forecast regarding resources and capability.
In order to be successful, you have:
- A proven track record of successfully leading service design teams applying an innovation/design thinking methodology;
- Experience from working in a global environment, preferably with retail;
- Vast experience in leading other leaders and senior competences as well as developing new potentials.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Visionary leadership with the ability to think creatively to develop ideas to expand current offerings and services and make these ideas actionable;
- Good understanding exploration and design methodologies;
- Good understanding of how global trends and developments can impact IKEA (main areas: retail, consumer behaviour, digital technology, economy, sustainability, life at home, design, media, communication);
- Knowledge of the IKEA Range Strategy, the IKEA Concept, the IKEA vision and business idea, IKEA culture & values, the IKEA business model and how we create unique business advantages.
You are driven by curiosity and outside in thinking and motivated in delivering designs. You are passionate about the IKEA vision and IKEA Direction.
In this role, you report directly to the Development Support Manager. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues, stakeholders within in Core Business Franchise and other organisations, and to collaborate closely with business leaders across IKEA.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week), in Delft, the Netherlands or Malmö, Sweden. Some travel may be required.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by Friday 26 August 2022.
We will assess and interview candidates continuously as the applications come in.