At IKEA Purchasing and Logistics, we want to make the most of our competitive advantage of economies of scale. Our large-volume approach enables us to invest in efficient industrial production set-ups and focus on affordability, accessibility, sustainability and quality. In Purchasing and Logistics Area North we have suppliers in Russia and Kazakhstan. Our office is located in Moscow with a 110 employees.
About you • Technical background. Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements. Production experience is an advantage • Self-driven, ability to work with and understand suppliers daily operational activities to deliver better products • Strong communication skills
• Fluent English • Ability to set goals, solve problems, implement and follow up • Ability to work with and through others • Pro-active and methodical • Have a sound judgment; being honest with high integrity, to take decisions for non-compliance even if they have a business impact • Informal leadership, high energy and drive to work with and through others both in IKEA and with suppliers, to reach common goals • Plan and organize the assignment with attention to details • Striving for personal development and applying new learnings in the assignment
· Eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes
About the job • Secure IKEA quality demands on the suppliers and products including process control for key processes in the production, create pre-conditions for the suppliers to take full responsibility for their performance
• Actively work with technical and material development • Claim and corrective action handling starting from root-cause analysis, work with preventive actions. • Contribute to the business development within the team • Support the start-up, development and discontinuation of suppliers and products • Work with databases on product quality and product parameters • Work with suppliers’ production processes and cost improvements (reduction of scrap rates, defects, efficiency gains, etc.)
· Knowledge of production processes and technologies, industry standards and test methods
· Able to evaluate the supplier’s technical capability and Quality performance to produce the IKEA product(s)
· Understanding customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness and what is critical to product quality
· Knowledge of Quality assurance set up including cost calculation and materials
· Knowledge of Lean production methods and tools is an advantage
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Edward Mokronosov (firstname.lastname@example.org) and recruitment process, please contact Kseniya Perfileva (email@example.com)
We are look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously so do not delay, send in your application today! Last day to apply is November 19th.