Why we will love you
Representing the IKEA brand is the start of creating a space that our customers will love to live in. Whether meeting in the customer’s home, or on the IKEA sales floor, discussing the benefits of IKEA Products installed by IKEA Home Services technicians and installers provides the customer confidence in the products and services offered by IKEA.
What you'll be doing day to day
The Installation Technician serves as the lead carpenter in IKEA product installations. This position serves as the primary onsite customer interface and leads the assembling and installation of cabinets in a customer's home. They instill reassurance in our customers that the kitchen installation will be performed at the highest level of accuracy and detail. Partners with Assembly Technicians in the creation of a customer's dream solution in the customer's home through a respectful approach, delivering a positive IKEA experience.
• Efficiently performs and completes the installation according to directions and consistent with IKEA procedures. Ensuring that jobsite is maintained in an organized, safe, and orderly fashion throughout the entire installation process.
• Addresses and resolves customer concerns, demonstrates empathy, and reinforces the IKEA values.
• Assesses installation area and plans to determine that all conditions for the installation are met.
• Reviews and confirms design plans from customer or planning consultant
• Assists Assembler(s) with inventory and inspects all IKEA products received; records and reports any damaged or defective items, missing items, and/or surplus items.
• Assists Assembler(s) with assembling IKEA products if required using hand and power tools.
Together as a team
We are meeting our customers at the home to ensure their vision becomes our vision. Connecting with our customers allows for us to take exact measurements and embolden their vision. This allows for the customer’s creativity to shine through while supporting that vision with IKEA products.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Hourly
BENEFITS ELIGBILE: Yes
Salary Range: $25.86 - $33.23 per hour
IKEA offers competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx, dental, vision, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more!
• HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
• 2 years of finish carpentry, other carpentry, or kitchen installation experience preferred.
• 2 years on-site direction experience preferred
• Experience with computer technology
• Must have a valid driver's license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation
• Be able to lift 50lbs or more frequently (over 46% of the day)
• Travel is required for this role. Travel time is 4-5 days per week on average