Who you are
Here at IKEA, we are looking to hire passionate engineers, excited about technology and innovative ways of working to shape the future of IKEA.
In Warehouse Fulfillment Operations you will be part of a team that integrates our current and future, internal and external Warehouse solutions in 17+ countries with our global and local IT Landscape. Your contribution will further contribute to our worldwide, close to real time logistics network.
You have a passion for technology, you welcome change and you love to learn. As a person you are innovative and work towards putting modern architecture and requirements into place. It suits you to work cross functionally both independently and interdependently, with the support of a vast software engineering network and agile methods.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
• Formal qualifications in computer science, software engineering, or any engineering equivalent
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience as software engineer with similar level of experience in the specific tech stack for the area as below
• Minimum 3 years experience of working in agile/iterative software development teams with a DevOps working setup and with an emphasis on self-organization and delivery to agreed commitments
• Demonstrable experience with cloud computing environments
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Preferred: Knowledge of IKEA Brand, culture, values and way of working
We expect you to be tech agnostic and to actively acquire new knowledge and skills to improve performance, assuring that technology is an integrated part of our business.
You should feel comfortable working with a variety of technologies. Experience with cloud-native app development on GCP – you have a good understanding of cloud storage, databases, serverless and you understand how to use cloud-native in production.
What you'll be doing day to day
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will contribute to the transformation and modernization of our digital landscape by developing and delivering high-quality software.
You support and contribute to modern software engineering principles, proper tools and increase of automation to enable the specified business outcomes and create a strong software ecosystem for IKEAs digital products and business.
Our tech stack consists of (but not limited to):
• Our mindset for design and process includes ETL, API 1st mindset, REST API design, event-based architecture and a high degree of automation
• Onprem and Cloud, primarily based on Google Cloud Platform as well as OpenShift and Azure or Alicloud.
• Services such as Cloud Functions
• SQL/NoSql stores, Dataflow and PubSub are used to create data hubs that will promote data democratization across the Company.
• Among others, PostgreSQL is used as database.
• We use Terraform and Cloud Build to create fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
• Work is planned, tracked and documented using primarily Jira/Confluence and our code is versioned in GIT Hub.
• Being responsible for developing, running, monitoring and supporting software for the assigned Product or Service using industry standard toolsets and applying Ingka Software Security Directives, in order to deliver according to requirements and compliance
• Support and promote good software engineering practices and architecture concepts (i.e. microservices) within an agile/iterative development approach in order to improve time to market and fulfill business needs
• Contribute to improvements in ways of working, encouraging good practices to meet consumer expectations on Product or Service delivery
• Support the evaluation of new technologies and benchmark against industry standards, in order to boost innovation and productivity for optimizations/modifications to the current design
• Support design specifications and ensure that Products or Services are aligned, working closely together with other functions to ensure end-to-end business delivery
• Support code-reviews to ensure technical feasibility and that solutions are optimized for speed, scalability and reusability
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services, using new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
Our team within Ikea
We’re the ones who make it possible for people to have a smarter life at home and a hassle-free and rewarding shopping experience. Together we work to find new digital solutions for every business need to help make IKEA a great and efficient place to work. We like to think of ourselves as innovative and modern, and we believe that nothing would actually work without us.
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified”. If this is part of why you hesitate to apply, we would like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think. We look forward to receiving your application.